Monday, July 20, 2009

ACOT - Scrap It Forward


I've been a member of A Cherry on Top Community for about three months. I decided to participate in Scrap It Forward Challenge. This is my entry for the challenge.

I promised to edit the photo, but I've been so busy that I've not had time.

I took this photo last summer after picking up around the house for "Dolly." Hurricane Dolly went in at south Texas. This was the pasture our Arabian Gelding called home. The Upper Gulf Coast of Texas has the most gorgeous live oak trees. I just found the setting sun and the amount of humidity just hanging in the air just gorgeous! The road was not wet but it sure looks like it in the picture, just the shimmer of the amount of water hangin' in the air.

Little did we know Hurricane Ike would make us a visit later in Sept. It is hard to see the barn in the picture, it's behind the tree to the left. Ike damaged the barn so badly it has been torn down. I moved our gelding to the ranch 11 days before Ike arrived. Whew as it also took the fence down.

Kim

1 comment:

Kat_RN said...

Kim,
I like it. Is the background stamped? It looks great.
Kat