Wednesday, February 16, 2011

Grandparents



1962.....a visit from Papa and Dee-Dee! I love this photo! It's that expression my grandfather would have on his face when he found something amusing!

I borrowed this sketch from the 2009 52 Sketches...52 Weeks #29. All those cuts to get them just right for the rounded corners! Gotta love my Creative Memories Patterns.

As I kept looking at the date of the photo on the bottom I had a sudden block. Some of the younger ladies would see this as a heritage layout. Well not me....I'm neither heritage or vintage yet, LOL! So I found this really cool site trying to find colors to match the time period. Early '60's were very different from the late '60's in colors. I have clearer memories of the late '60's, as I was only 18 months when this photo was taken. Need help with colors then visit Ugly House Photos. I love traveling back in time! Might be ugly by today's standards when you look at the '60's houses, but I don't think so! I picked out Lily Bee Design Lovely papers to do this layout! I love how it turned out.

Also my entry into the ACOT Feb. One Word Challenge! Come join in on the fun!

No comments: