Monday, February 18, 2013

Texas Wildflowers

I'm just wild about flowers.  I love flowers!  I am head over heals over is my Great State's wildflowers and roses as my favorites!  Lady Bird Johnson was instrumental in providing Texans awareness of just how special our wildflowers are.  Much has been done to preserve their beauty across our state for the incredible spring we get to enjoy each year.  It's a right of passage to have your children sitting among the bluebonnets and a photo taken.  We are having an early spring and I can not wait until two weeks from now as the bluebonnets start to show their beauty to the world along with the Painted Brush and a host of others.


I did this layout using Nuts About Sketches #223!  I used Basic Grey Sweet Threads and loved the results.   Taken along the county road our ranch is located on I really enjoyed taking these photos in 2009!

One last photo from a email blast I get from a Houston Talk show host.  Sorry not our ranch!  We have our ranch entrance up but the details are not yet finished on it!


I hope y'all consider a trip to Texas in mid-March to see the glory we enjoy each year in our beautiful wildflowers!  I have a bad case of spring fever right now with the early spring we are having and the need to see my state turn absolutely gorgeous!

No comments: