Monday, March 18, 2013

Colorful Creations Pot of Gold Crop & Imaginisce Challenge

I'm had great time working on the couple of the challenges I was able to complete at Colorful Creations site.  The Pot of Gold Crop was amazing with the St. Patrick's Day Theme!  All Challenges are due on March 17th, St. Patrick's Day!  Unfortunately the work load at the ranch didn't leave me time to post them to the challenges.  Later today I'll get them in the Gallery at Colorful Creations.

I did two challenges for this Crop.  Challenge 11 - Luck of the Irish to use the image of the Leprechaun and the Pot of Gold for inspiration.  Also included in the image was flowers and of course the color of green.  Requirements were to use three different pattern papers, three different colored embellishments and use green and gold in your project.    I had three different patterned papers, and four embellishments of different colors. I just didn't have enough to make more then one layout with shamrocks in my stash so I decided to make a birthday card for a close friend of mine.  I'm the lucky one to have such a great friend!



I also used Unscripted Sketches #201 to create my card.

The second challenge I selected from the Pot of Gold Crop was the Challenge #8 - Lucky!  I have a very affectionate photo of James with our cat.  This will be the second time I scrap the photo.  The first was more masculine and went in the album I'm making for James.


The challenge called for using the word "Lucky" in a card, layout or mixed media project.  We adopted "Q" from Second Chance Pets just before Halloween in 2006.  She had been surrendered two weeks before and wouldn't be put up for adoption for three months because she was black and it was two weeks until Halloween.  Since my mother is a member and foster parent to animals for Second Chance Pets she let one of the ladies who fosters cats know I was looking for a house cat.  When Mom called me back and asked if I would take a long haired black cat because of her long wait for a new home I immediately said yes.  I have always wanted a black cat.  The condition of adoption is she would never be allowed outside.  It has been an easy condition to follow.  When I arrived to pick her up I was told she was friendly and vocal.  Vocal is the right word, she is the most vocal cat I have ever seen.  She adopted me as her first parent, but shortly after Hurricane Ike she adopted James as her person.  I'm now second person.  James and "Q" are inseparable.  I truly think they are kindred spirits.  This is the layout I created for the challenge and for this month's Imaginisce Challenge.  I used Imaginisce Childhood Memories and Good Dog lines.



Who said Childhood Memories cannot be used by Mom's with adult children.  I know when James finishes college and has his own place "Q" will move with him and I will deeply miss her.

Come find some fun over at Colorful Creations and take a peek at their great monthy challenges!

4 comments:

Mary Pat Siehl said...

your layout is wonderful! thanks for playing with us at Imaginisce!

Marcia Dehn-Nix said...

I love all your projects, but especially the "Lucky Q" layout. (I have a black cat I am keeping for my son in college too:) She was a stray I took in around Halloween) So glad you joined us in our latest challenge at Imaginisce!

Monique Liedtke said...

What a great story about Q! I really love your page and choice of papers! Thanks for joining us at Imaginisce!!

Adora Concepcion said...

your projects are wonderful!!