Saturday, April 27, 2013

A Scrappy Weekend for Me!

This weekend I'm happily scrapping.  So before I dive head first into all things paper for the weekend I thought I would share a few things going on over at A Cherry on Top.  May 4th is the NSD Crop from 9am-9pm.  There are a terrific team of hostesses this year who will provide us with a wonderful time for 12 hours.  If you have never been to an ACOT Crop mark your calendar and join the ACOT Community.  The forum is already buzzing with activity.

I'm very proud of myself this week as I just have really stepped up on the number of layouts done this month.   There is so much inspiration floating all over the web but I really fell head over heals with The Becky Fleck Sketch Challenge - Week #38.  I knew just the photos to use!  My result below.

 

I chose to use Studio Calico Countryside collection which I just love love execpt I wish the cows on the paper were not Holstein's.  At least they are colored so I could look past the cows not being beef cattle.  I also pulled out some odds and ends from my Paper Bakery Kits.  It felt good to be in the home I have all of my embroidery and stitching happily away on my layout! I haven't done that in awhile. I have a 5x7 photo of these five Charolais heifers that I'll do a page from the same line. I prefer doing single page layouts, but I've been known quite often to put two single pages together in an album to form a double page spread.  I didn't win but each week ACOT offers a 1000 points to the winner worth a five dollar discount on your total order.  Of course the more points you collect the larger the discount.  And I think there is a $20 minimum on an order to use your points.  LOL, I sure can't stop at $20 when I purchase scrappy goodness.

Becky Fleck Sketch Challenge - #41 is up and all layouts must be posted in the same Gallery by midnight on Tuesday April 30th.  In otherwords it is 11:59 on the 29th.

The Challenges for April are all due in on Tuesday so if you are looking for some great inspiration then take a peek here.  Of course you can scroll down to yesterday's post to find the Heritage Challenge link I host.  Next month I'll be bringing the 4x4 back and I'm working on that layout for the example right now.  On May 1st come back and see both the Heritage and 4x4 Challenge examples on Wednesday's post!

Until Monday may you have a blessed weekend!

No comments: