Thursday, April 25, 2013

Bloom & Grow

It's just after 11:00 pm and although I finished my layout at 4:00pm I found my camera dead.  I also had to get to Home Depot because I didn't have a single pot at the house small enough to plant my Money Tree which arrived from QVC today.  It wasn't suppose to arrive until May 1st.  Found not a drop of potting soil either.  I guess all of my plant pots over the last four and a half years made it to the ranch or Lynn asked for them along the way.  LOL....and never as a scrapper let your camera battery go dead!

Well all is solved, the roots currently soaking on the Money Tree.  Beautiful pot Larry picked out and correct soil purchased along with rocks so I can plant it in a mounded and not loose the soil when watered.  Camera battery charged and the layout to an amazing Challenge is uploaded.  Once the post is done I still have to plant my tree, pack some scrapping goodness to scrap this weekend at the ranch. and pack my bag.

And I was relieved to find I still have a little over two hours to post my layout to Imaginisce Blog's amazing challenge this month!  This layout was so much fun and with one of the requirements of using Twine I was all in!  Photos were taken in 2009 at the ranch along the county road we live on.  The bluebonnets are always amazing and they are still in bloom.  With the cold temps the wildflowers were late arriving by two weeks so we will enjoy them well into May this year.  The cold weather just doesn't want to break.  I'm hoping for cool weather right up into June.  Means we get more rain at the ranch and maybe a cooler summer this year.


Thank you Imaginisce for a great sketch this month!  I loved working on this layout!

Products used from Imaginisce Berrylicious, Hippty Hop, Love You More and Soul Sisters.  Included some Ink from Tim Holtz to ink the sides of the photo, Twine from The Twinery and Kaiser Kraft Pearls to make my flowers and leaves, Gesso to to tone down the base paper.  My favorite part of the layout is a little bunny is peeking out of the left photo!  We have some cottontails who have been living in the yard for about eight months now.  We see one or two of them early in the evening just before sunset.  I have yet to have my camera with me.  Need my telephoto to catch most of the shots I would have had if I had had my camera.  We have an abundance of both cottontails and the biggest jack rabbits I have ever seen anyway at the ranch.  The jack rabbits will push 8-10 lbs. and stand as tall as a Checkered Giant Rabbit.

See you again in the morning!

2 comments:

Monique Liedtke said...

What an awesome page!! LOVE your twine flowers!!!! Thanks for joining us this month at Imaginisce!

Marcia Dehn-Nix said...

Such a Fabulous layout! I love how you created flowers and leaves with twine. So glad you joined us at Imaginisce this month for our latest challenge.