Wednesday, May 8, 2013

Intelligent

What fun this week's sketch is over at Nuts About Sketches!  It's week #264 with an excellent sketch!

I rotated the sketch and kept the elements using mostly Studio Calico to once again do a layout with Zuby as the focus.  I am also wondering, 'Is vellum coming back in?'  I hope so.  The Studio Calico paper and vellum along with the Simple Stories Burlap paper came in my January Paper Bakery Scrapbooking Kit.  I used the vellum for the circle element in my layout.  Everything else came out of my stash.  Fun sketch....oh yeah, I already wrote that!



My daughter took this photo Summer '09.  I probably have written about how intelligent Zuby is. One of the first things I remember learning about horses is to look at their eyes.  They will always without fail tell you exactly how the horse is feeling at that moment.  You quickly get an idea of his intelligence and character.  I can tell from the base of his ear that they are pricked forward and he's wondering why with interest what Lynn is doing.  At the same time it didn't take him long to become bored with the black box going 'click.'  Having him born in my arms I can immediately read what his mood is and what is interesting him at the time.  And how quickly he will find it either boring or continue his interest.  Lynn took some other photos this day which I will scrap soon. They show it didn't take him long to find much more interesting things to occupy that constantly moving mind of his.



I hope you enjoy this week's sketch and will take a peek at the amazing work the design team came up with!

Until next time!

2 comments:

Monique Liedtke said...

What an adorable page! Love the soft blue colors with the brown color of the horse! Great take on the sketch too!

Danielle Higginbottom-Brown said...

Hi Kim!!!! what a wonderful layout! and a great photo! Thanks for stopping by the Paper Bakery blog today and leaving some love on my Project Life post! What a lovely story!!!
xoxo