Thursday, June 13, 2013

American Home 1948

American Home Magazine began publication in 1927 and went out of publication in 1977 with the last issue delivered in 1978.  My grandmother was Equipment Editor of American Home from the late 40's until 1958 when she became editor of Life Magazine for six short months.  She left Life and married my step-grandfather and moved to North Carolina.  I've purchased several issues of American Home while my grandmother was employed there.  It's been a joy to read her monthly column.  Then yesterday I found this article where she contributed.  Her comment 'business genius' sounds just like her!  I couldn't help but smile!

I received Pink Paisley's Bouquet paper, Ruby Rock-it's Quilt Paper and Tissue Paper from my December Paper Bakery Kit Club.  The Echo Park Grandma's Kitchen papers and Jolee's Hat came from ACOT and the rest of the layout was already in my stash.


This expression was her silly expression.  A little fun at work would be 100 percent her personality!  When I saw this package of Jolee's Vintage Womens' Hats it was a must have as my grandmother was known as "The Lady in the Red Hat."  She had other colors of hats, too, in her collection.  Hats were her statement piece in fashion.  She loved hats!

I loved sharing this layout with you.  Until next time!

No comments: